Friday, July 20, 2012

Disney - Day 14

We are now tucked in at Fort Wilderness (FW)!!!  It is a very nice park, with a lot of stuff to do right here. 

We got up this morning, had coffee and breakfast, then I went to the RV store and bought a new weight distribution hitch.  I won't go into my two paragraph RV Geek explanation of this.....It's a special hitch we pull the RV with.

The one we have been using was from our last RV, which was much smaller and lighter.  I tried every adjustment I could make, but its time had come.  With our current 34' RV weighing in at about 10,500 - 11,000lbs (depending on load),  we needed a hitch made for that much weight.  I spent a little over an hour assembling the hitch, then we packed up and headed to Fort Wilderness.  The hitch did great!!!

What we read was true, there is plenty to do here.  After we setup, Erin and I went to the pool while Jen did laundry.  We stayed there a few hours, then came home and cooked burgers on the grill.  After dinner, we headed out to the campfire movie.  They show a Disney movie on a nice, large screen every night.  Tonight's feature was The Lion King, always great to see!!!  Before the movie, they have a sing-a-long and light campfires for smores.  We plan to do that tomorrow, then watch Tangled.

Tomorrow we will go exploring and find all FW has to offer.  I'm sure we will hit downtown Disney at some point.  One nice thing is that there is Disney Boat and Bus service to and from FW, so that will be nice.

I am looking forward to the trip to Clearwater, and surprising Erin with getting to see Winter.  Hopefully it works out.  But, what I am really looking forward to is sitting on the beach at Destin and not doing anything!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment