Thursday, July 26, 2012

Destin

We are now safely tucked in at Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park, or Rocky for short.  This is one of our favorite parks.  We have stayed here each time we have come to Florida.  It is relatively small, with only 42 RV spots, but the crew here takes wonderful care of the park.

The best part.....it is only $17 dollars a night!!  It is the cheapest state park we have ever found.  And....it gets you into its sister park, Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, for free.  Henderson is where we go to the beach most of the time.  We have to cross a toll bridge to get across to Destin, but it only takes about 10 minutes to get to get there.

Tuesday we got up, had coffee and breakfast, and left the Caverns.  It was only a 2 hour drive to get to Rocky.  We checked in and set up camp.  A storm blew in right after we set up, so we didn't go to the beach.

On Wednesday, we hit the beach!!!  We got there about 10am, and left about 3pm.  It was great to be back.  Storms started rolling in again, so we came back to the RV and relaxed.  We went to a little Mexican restaurant we always go to when we are here for dinner.  The margaritas were even better than I remembered!!



A few days ago, while we were at the aquarium, I wrote about a call I had to take.   Well....my counterpart at work, the coach for the girls team, resigned on Monday.  He is taking an opportunity to make more money since he has 3 girls to put through college....and the first one starts in 2 years.

So, I am now the head coach of both teams!  This will be a change for me, but I am excited about the opportunity.  Also, my great friend Mark Babich has accepted the assistant coach position.  Mark and I were co head coaches of a summer league team this year, and had a great time.  I know we are going to have a great run at Kingwood Park.

We still have a few days at the beach before heading back.  I will take some pictures today to post.  I hate posting without having pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment